Language
en

New line through Zamość and Tomaszów Lubelski to Bełżec. The Company indicated the Contractor of the preparatory works

Thanks to this investment, Tomaszów Lubelski and Bełżec will be connected to the railway network and Zamość and Krasnystaw will be incorporated into the long-distance connections’ network. The Solidarity Transport Hub company selected the most advantageous tender in the tendering procedure for preparatory works for construction of the key fragment of the so-called spoke No. 5 in the eastern Poland.

As part of this investment, a total of approx. 90 km of new tracks will be laid. It comprises construction of sections of the following railway lines: No. 54 Trawniki – Krasnystaw and No. 56 Wólka Orłowska – Zamość – Tomaszów Lubelski – Bełżec. In the area of Zamość, a part of the routes assumes a passage by a tunnel under the city, which involves the construction of an underground passenger station.

The tendering procedure refers to preparatory works, namely the development of the feasibility study (STEŚ). The STH company considered the tender submitted by the consortium with the Egis company as the leader as the most advantageous one, amounting to netPLN 19.5 million. Two factors determined the selection: price (in 70%) and staff experience (in the remaining 30%).

The construction of the line will enable quick connection of the southern part of the Lubelskie Voivodeship with Warsaw and the STH, but not only.

Thanks to the planned line, Tomaszów Lubelski and Bełżec will be connected to the railway network and Zamość and Krasnystaw – to the long-distance connections’ network. Ultimately, the route will become part of the international corridor in the Lwów direction.

SAYS MIKOŁAJ WILD, THE PRESIDENT OF THE STH COMPANY.

As part of the STEŚ, the analysis of the routes of the planned railway line and other technical, environmental and economic analyses will be prepared. On their basis, the STH company will indicate the preferred route of the line (the so-called investor's option) in the scope necessary for further preparation.

Once all formalities are completed, the company shall sign an agreement with the contractor which will have one year to prepare the STEŚ. The performance and settlement of the entire agreement may take a few months longer, as the contract also includes geological documentation and maps for design purposes.

The planned construction of this section – the so-called spoke No. 5 – brings numerous benefits for passengers. It will ensure shortening of the travel to Warsaw: from Krasnystaw – to 2 hours, from Zamość – to 2 hours and 15 minutes (currently this route takes more than 5 hours by rail) and fromTomaszów Lubelski – to 2 hours and 30 minutes. Thanks to this investment, the route from Zamość to Lublin can be travelled in 50 minutes. The time of travel by spoke No. 5 from Lublin to Warsaw will be one hour and a half. Moreover, capacity for regional and freight services will increase on existing railway lines.

According to the programme, the first construction works – at the section between Trawnikiand Zamość – are to start in 2023 and last by the end of 2027.The construction of the sectionto Bełżec should start in 2029 and the approval for operation is planned for 2032. Trains shall be running there at speeds of up to 250 km/h. Assumed design parameters (e.g. applied curvature radii) will enable future speed increase, if necessary.

As part of the STH railway programme, 187km of new railway lines will be constructed and next 284 km will be modernised in the Lubelskie Voivodeship. More than 1.7 million residents of the voivodeship will then be within the range of railway lines.

The STH Programme also assumes the construction of a new line No. 631: Milanów – Biała Podlaska – Fronołów, being a part of the so-called Eastern Trunk Line connecting Rzeszów, Lublin and Białystok. Construction works for this line are expected to start in 2030 and to be completed in 2034.

The STH Railway Programme assumes that almost 1,800 km of new lines will be constructed by the end of 2034. These investments consist of a total of 12 railway routes, including 10 “spokes” leading from various regions of Poland to Warsaw and the STH.

News Press Release
Konrad Majszyk
Konrad Majszyk

Rzecznik prasowy

Kontakt dla mediów: [email protected]