The Solidarity Transport Hub company selected the most advantageous tender for the performance of preparatory works for new railway lines on the Łętownia – Rzeszów section. Thanks to the new route, the residents of the Podkarpacie region will reach faster, among others, Warsaw, Stalowa Wola and Lublin, and ultimately also the Solidarity Transport Hub.
The last decision of STH is already the third final decision of a series of eight tendering procedures for feasibility studies covering 743 km of new railway lines with almost 1,800 km comprising the STH Programme.
Łętownia – Rzeszów is the first investment implemented by STH within the Podkarpackie Voivodeship. Ultimately, 155 km of new railway lines will be constructed and the next 173 km will be modernised in Podkarpacie under the STH Programme.
We are supplementing the railway network throughout Poland. Today, the fastest trains travel from Rzeszów 4 hours by round route through Kraków. We will shorten this time almost twice, building a direct connection with Warsaw. While performing the works, we also remember about the creation of the so-called Eastern Trunk Line which will connect Rzeszów with Lublin and Białystok.
The 42-kilometre section of the new railway line between Łętownia and Rzeszów is the first investment of STH in the Podkarpackie Voivodeship as part of the so-called spoke No. 6, i.e. the new railway route which will ultimately connect Warsaw and the STH with Radom, Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski, Stalowa Wola, Rzeszów and Sanok.
Due to the construction of the new railway line, the travel time from Rzeszów to Stalowa Wola and Lublin will be significantly reduced. The commuting route from the Rzeszów center to the Rzeszów-Jasionka Airport will also improve. Ultimately, after the completion of all planned investments, the trains on the route Warsaw – Rzeszów will run within only 2 hours and 15 minutes instead of 4 hours heretofore.
The subject of the contract is the so-called STEŚ, i.e. the feasibility study for the planned new railway line No. 58 Łętownia – Rzeszów and No. 632 to the Rzeszów-Jasionka Airport. The tender of the consortium of BBF, Ingerop Polska and Safege S.A.S was considered the most advantageous one. The successful consortium submitted a tender for the amount of netPLN 9.73 million. Other tenders were submitted by: Databout (PLN 12.27 million), the IDOM Inżynieria, Architektura i Doradztwo, IDOM Consulting, Engineering, Architecture – Spain consortium (PLN 13.31 million), the Egis Poland, Egis Rail – France and JAF-Geotechnika consortium (PLN 14.86 million), the Multiconsult Polska, Arcadis and Transprojekt Gdański consortium (PLN 19.8 million), the Voessing Polska and Infra Centrum Doradztwa consortium (PLN 36.99 million) and TPF (PLN 37.0 million).
The selection was determined by the price (in 70%) and the staff experience (in the remaining 30%).
In accordance with the public procurement law, the last formalities must be completed before the procedure is concluded. Appeals which may affect the extension of the procedure may be lodged in the procedure. It will be concluded by signing an agreement with the contractor which will commence the performance of the commissioned services.
The contractor selected in the tendering procedure will have approx. 19 months for the preparation of the STEŚ.
As part of the STEŚ, the contractor shall deliver to the STH company, among others, traffic forecasts as well as analyses – e.g. operation and maintenance, technical, environmental and multi-criteria analyses – and shall prepare the soil survey report and maps for design purposes. The purpose of the STEŚ is to prepare specialised documentation for the railway line for design purposes, including indication of its recommended route.
On line No. 58: Łętownia – Rzeszów, trains will be able to speed up from160 to 250 km/h and on line No. 632 to the Rzeszów-Jasionka Airport – to 120 km/h. During the works on the STEŚ, a decision will be made to use the power supply of 25 kV AC or 3 kV DC.
According to the programme, the first construction works are to start in 2023. STH assumes that the section of the line connecting Łętownia with Rzeszów will be handed over for operation before the end of 2027.
The next stage of preparatory works – after completion of the STEŚ – will be preparation of the design documentation, i.e., among others, the conceptual design, materials for the environmental decision and the building permit design. The STH company is at the final stage of preliminary market consultations prior to the announcement of the tendering procedure for the framework agreement for preparation of the design documentation for 30 investment tasks.
The STH Railway Programme assumes that almost 1,800 km of new lines are to be constructed by the end of 2034. These investments consist of a total of 12 railway routes, including 10 “spokes” leading from various regions of Poland to Warsaw and the STH.